Translate

Monday 12 May 2014

Exotic Places of the World -Sri Lanka

Dear Blogger,
I have had requests to do a blog on Sri Lanka. I've personally never been or do not know a huge amount about Sri Lanka but I have done some research and I hope that I give you some insights into the beautiful country of Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean off the southeast tip of India. Beautiful Sri Lanka is full of lowlands and evergreen forests, the species that you bear witness to here would leave you utterly spellbound. It seems to me like a lost paradise filled with romantic landscapes. Boasting 433 bird species and with the oceans filled with the mighty blue whales and lively dolphins, Sri Lanka is the place to visit if you're interested in wildlife.

Say you're there to relax and enjoy the bliss of the quietness then you're at the right place as the country is renowned for its ability to inspire and heal.

With over 1600 km of coastline Sri Lanka is the ideal destination for the perfect tan! For the more active people you can enjoy an aray of water sports including windsurfing, kayaking, yachting, water skiing, scuba diving!

Sri Lanka is a tropical country so rain can be expected at anytime of the year from this destination! The climate does change dramatically from different parts of the country.                      The traditional cuisine of Sri Lanka is said to be the most complex cuisines of South Asia. Losts of spices and rice are found in their dishes and most of their dishes are very distinctive.
I'll leave it at that! I hope you've been as intreged as I am by Sri Lanka's tropical country! Until next time, I'll leave you with a typical dish from Sri Lanka of rice and prawns.
-- Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment